Jokes are an essential part of any language and culture and are a great way of understanding the target language through the play on words and a culture’s sense of humour.
The English Language is filled with witty, clever jokes that illustrate the play on words such as homophones, double entendre and puns like this:
Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
Every evening I share a joke on my Facebook Page under the title of Evening Fun. In today’s post, I’d like to share 10 jokes that I think shows the humour and clever play on words in the English Language.
1. The English Language has lots of jokes on wine and cooking.
A woman after my own heart!
2. I totally understand you!
4. Today’s date: “What’s wrong? You’ve hardly touched your phone.”
5. A great example of homophones.
6. We all have one of those in our families, don’t we?
8. Another play on words, this time with pronunciation.
9. What do you call…..
10. And finally my all time favourite
For more jokes, do take a look at the English Club. And if you have any jokes you particularly like, please share them here with me. After all, laughter is the best medicine.
If you liked this post please share it. And don’t forget to subscribe to my blog if you don’t want to miss out on my posts.
Have a great weekend, folks.
Ciao for now